MILFORD – Lauralton Hall announced the winners of its senior awards on May 22.
The awards and their recipients include the following:
• Arion Award, given for outstanding musical achievement based on the individual’s contribution to her musical organization, scholastic standing, musicianship and performing ability, Lauren Lichac.
• Bishop Peter Rosazza Award, given to the graduating student who, in the opinion of the faculty, has manifested Christian compassion through humble and joyful service to others, Isabella Dalena.
• Crusader of the Year, given to the student involved in athletics who is considered the finest athlete, Caitlin Bennett.
• Department medals, for excellence, commitment and interest in the study of each subject area, Katherine Boynton, Dorothy "Dolly" Canevari, Andrea Castillo, Emma Catalfamo, Lauren Lichac, Jessica Napolitano, Catherine Priolet, Emily Radesca, Jessica Recce and Rebecca Sherrick.
• The Frances Warde Service Award, given to 37 students who achieved 100 hours of service in their community during the school year from June 2012 through April, 2013.
• Fred DeLuca Award, a foundation started by the founder of the Subway restaurant chain to help young women and men further their education, Sydney Free.
• The Lezotte Awards, given by students to classmates who best typify Lauralton ideals, Isabella Dalena and Emilia Tanu.
• U.S. Army Reserve National Scholar/Athlete Award, presented to a student who has demonstrated excellence in academics and athletics, Isabella Serrano.
• United Way of Milford Service Scholarship, given to a senior who is a Milford resident, has volunteered to serve an agency that works for the betterment of the Milford community during each of her four years of high school, Jaclyn Kline.