The Ministry of Health will start on Monday (4) the national vaccination campaign against influenza 2022. In the first phase, which continues until May 2, seniors aged 60 years or over and health professionals can be vaccinated.
Between May 3 and June 3, the vaccination will be expanded to the following groups:
• children from 6 months to less than 5 years (4 years, 11 months and 29 days);
• Pregnant and postpartum women.
• Indian people.
• Persons with permanent disabilities.
• Security and rescue forces and the armed forces.
• Truck drivers and workers in the mass road transport of long distances for passengers.
• Port workers.
• Officials of the prison system.
• Adolescents and youth between the ages of 12 and 21 years under socio-educational measures.
• Population deprived of their liberty.
With regard to children aged 6 months to 5 years, the ministry clarified that those who have already received at least one dose of the flu vaccine throughout their lives should only take the shot this year. Those who will take it for the first time should schedule a second dose, which is given 30 days later.
Distribution of 80 million doses of the Butantan Institute has already begun. The government expects to vaccinate about 76.5 million Brazilians who are part of the priority groups listed above.
The vaccine has now been updated to ensure protection against the H3N2 Darwin strain, which caused the outbreak earlier this year. It also provides antibodies against influenza B and H1N1.
“Music fanatic. Very humble explorer. Analyst. Travel fanatic. Extreme television teacher. Gamer.”
How to improve mood and ward off frustration
The dominant strain has new symptoms that are manifested at night
Covid-19: DF records 1,499 new cases and one more death | Federal District