The old props used in the production of the Netflix series “The Crown” were stolen last week, but a spokesman for the British Police and Streaming Service said Thursday that the theft was not expected to delay filming. The stolen items include Britain’s Sun newspaper, stolen jewelery worth about £ 150,000, a candlestick, a cutlery, a domed cage and a copy of a rare Faberge egg bought by the Queen’s grandfather.
The award-winning play about the British royal family is filming its fifth season with new cast, starring Imelda Stanton as the late Queen Elizabeth and Elizabeth Debiki as the late Princess Diana.
“We can confirm that the antiques were stolen and hopefully they will be found and returned safely,” a Netflix spokesman said in a statement: “Alternatives will be provided and there is no expectation that filming will be delayed.”
South Yorkshire police said they were called to a location near Doncaster on the afternoon of February 16 after three vehicles with props used in film and TV were broken into and several items taken away.
“Authorities are investigating the incident, but all existing investigations have been completed and the case has been put on hold pending further investigation.”
The fifth season of “The Crown”, which received great support for dramatizing Elizabeth’s life and reign, will be screened in November. The series’s creator Peter Morgan said the series ends in season six.
“Internet addiction in terminals. Award-winning beer expert. Travel expert. General analyst.”