WILTON – Sister Vernice (Mary Angelus) Molinari, a member of the Sisters of St. Joseph, West Hartford, died on March 26, 2013, at Lourdes Health Care Center in Wilton. She was 83.
She was born on May 24, 1929, in Greenwich, a daughter of the late Angelo Mario Molinari and Angeline Mary (Judice) Molinari.
She entered the Sisters of St. Joseph on Sept. 8, 1948, and professed her religious vows on Aug. 24, 1954.
Sister Vernice earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in education from the Diocesan Teachers College in West Hartford and a master’s degree in education as a reading consultant from Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven.
She taught in the Archdiocese of Hartford and Bridgeport Diocese for a number of years, followed by four years as a teacher in the Reading Lab at Sacred Heart Academy in Stamford.
In 1977, Sister Vernice founded the Cedar Court School at her community’s provincial house in West Hartford, where she remained as principal until 1998.
Survivors include her religious community; her sisters Marguerite Roberts and Patricia Fomenko; two aunts; and nieces, nephews, grandnieces, grandnephews and cousins.
She was predeceased by two brothers, Theodore and Lou F. Molinari; and a sister, Dominica (Donnie) Molinari.
A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated on April 3 in St. Joseph Chapel at the Convent of Mary Immaculate in West Hartford. Burial was to take place at a later date.
Memorial donations may be made to the Sisters of St. Joseph, 27 Park Road, West Hartford, CT 06119.