Digital Foundry Channel released a technical analysis of Chrono Cross: Radical Dreamers Editionthe classic PS1 remastered that was Released this week.
In short, the channel refers to these properties in its analysis (compiled in the . format Reset):
- New music for the home screen;
- new character art;
- AI enhanced wallpapers, also have original wallpapers;
- The AI did not appear to have been trained to handle a CC background, which resulted in a poor level;
- 3D elements are between 900 and 936 pixels even in classic mode;
- There are new models in the new mode, looks good;
- Menu 1080p for PS4 / Switch;
- Classic mode text is a more pixelated font;
- The classic mode contains old illustrations, while the new mode contains new illustrations;
- New art is good, but money is poor, and there is disparity;
- The FMV introduction has been upgraded, but it’s good;
- Some FMV songs are compressed;
- The game’s music sounds more clear due to the simulation;
- Performance is poor: frame rate is dynamic;
- Exploration/battles at 30fps, and menus at 60fps;
- In the new mode, which drops a lot, you can hit 10 frames per second in battle during the great moments;
- PS1 works better than PS4 which works on PS5;
- The title screen runs at 12/13fps, PS1 runs at 10fps;
- Classic skins work better than new skins, similar to PS1;
- The game on the Switch has essentially the same behavior, and in portable mode it seems to work better.
Watch the full analysis in the video below or on the website. Eurogamer.
“Beer Geek. The Evil Ninja of Pop Culture. Life Coffee Scholar. Professional Internet Teacher. Meat Teacher.”