Some diseases can make a person unable to perform their work functions. Therefore, the National Social Security Institute (INSS) Flyers for policyholders in this case kind of the retirement No grace period required.
Read more: With no ICMS, gasoline can be sold for 5 BRL
Call permanent disability retirement, where By retirement disability, your payment is granted to Social Security Taxpayer Who do not have good health conditions to carry out their professional activities or the ability to adapt in another role.
Disability retirement requirements
To apply for the benefit, the insured must comply with other rules:
- Duly proof of total and permanent disability through a medical examination conducted by the National Social Security Institute;
- Satisfying a grace period of at least 12 months (for INSS employees) – Accidents and illnesses resulting from work and serious, irreversible illnesses exempt the worker from complying with the grace period.
- To work in the public service or contribute to social security at the time of disability or to be in the period of insured quality, in the case of INSS insured persons.
A list of 15 diseases that qualifies the National Institute of Statistics for disability retirement
According to Article 151 of Law 8.213 / 91, the following list of diseases is entitled to benefit, without fulfilling the grace period:
- acute kidney disease
- acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- multiple sclerosis
- liver grave
- severe tumors
- severe heart disease
- Radioactive contamination, based on the conclusion of specialized medicine
- ankylosing spondylitis
- Advanced stage of deforming osteitis (Paget’s disease)
- Disabling and irreversible paralysis
- Parkinson’s disease
- active tuberculosis
- mental alienation
In addition, other diseases can also guarantee the right to benefit from the INSS. However, for the grant, the institute will assess the status of the insured in relation to the severity of the health problem.
“Music fanatic. Very humble explorer. Analyst. Travel fanatic. Extreme television teacher. Gamer.”