The World Health Organization states that the ideal consumption of fibers For healthy adults, 25 grams per day. However, only half of the Brazilian population meets this recommendation, while the other part eats less than the recommended.
More than 88% of food Most consumed are low in fiber, less than 2.4 grams per serving. This low consumption is the cause of problems such as constipation, which today affects about 20% of the world’s population.
Fiber is responsible for adequate intestinal transit, especially when associated with fluid intake. Those who do not consume enough may have dry stools and slow intestinal transit, with less bowel movement per day.
7 foods rich in fiber
The best way to Regulating your bowels and i have one healthier life It is the consumption of the specified amount of fiber. This element is found in foods such as fruitVegetables, legumes, beans, lentils, rice, wheat, rye and oats.
Discover seven high-fiber foods that you should eat frequently:
- Cooked chickpeas: 2 tablespoons equal 5.4 grams of fiber;
- Broccoli: Four cooked stalks contain 5g of fiber
- Quinoa: One cup of cooked food provides 5.2 grams of fiber;
- Oat flakes (oat bran): 4 tablespoons equal 4 g of fiber;
- Papaya: 2 slices of fruit have 3.6 g of fiber;
- Brown rice: four tablespoons equal 2.8 g of fiber;
- Black plum: 2 units contain 0.20 g of fiber.
It is worth noting that a balanced diet also helps in improving bowel function. It is also important to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
“Music fanatic. Very humble explorer. Analyst. Travel fanatic. Extreme television teacher. Gamer.”