Striker Paulinho, from Bayer Leverkusen, was this Monday’s guest on the Bem programme, Amigos do SporTV. At just 21 years old and with an Olympic gold medal in the Tokyo Games, he has another year on his contract with the German club, but he has made it clear he is still not talking about a renewal.
– The truth is that I signed a five-year contract, and I am ending the fourth. At first there is no renewal, but we have to analyze the most bureaucratic issues – he said, then added:
– I have been asked many times, I am open to what is best for me. I have a lot to develop and to develop, Brazilian and European football are very good markets.
Paulinho, from Bayer Leverkusen, in Biem, Amigos – Photo: reproduction
On the prospects of continuing to work in Europe, Paulinho made clear which countries he would like to play in. However, when asked about the clubs, he preferred not to mention the possible destinations:
– The best leagues in the world, La Liga (Spain), English Premier League (England). They are very good competitions, English is the best. Spain has a very good level too, although Real Madrid and Barcelona are preferred. And Serie A in Italy as well.
Paulinho celebrates his goal in Bayer Leverkusen’s victory over Eintracht Frankfurt – Photo: Friedmann Vogel / EFE
Paulinho also showed that he follows the Brazilian championship matches whenever possible, and spoke of criticism and threats to players for complicated moments on the field and said that the fans sometimes go too far.
He also analyzed the performance of Hugo, with whom he played in the youth teams, at Fla x Flu, where the goalkeeper was the highlight in a match in which Fluminense had several scoring opportunities:
– It’s something in Brazil that takes a lot of passion and passion, and sometimes people just go too far. Today they have social networks, fans go to the athlete’s profile and make comments. We’ve seen threats in Corinthians lately, it’s bad for a player to get into the game and booed.
Fluminense was superior, maintaining more control. But the most important thing about the game was Hugo, we played together in the main team
The Brazilian striker plays in a league with a real dynasty, Bayern Munich. This year the club won the national title for the tenth time in a row, but Paulinho remembers that a huge sensation in the country was Eintracht Frankfurt, the European champions:
The Frankfurt title was something that moved the country a lot, because people always expected titles from Bayern, and even in the German table they couldn’t win the Europa League well.
With a hemorrhage in his head, Eintracht Frankfurt captain Ruud lifted the Europa League trophy (Photo: Jorge Guerrero/AFP)
The player is a follower of Kandomble, a religion of African descent, who claims to follow in his family’s footsteps. Whenever possible, talk about it and ask for an end to prejudice:
– I am very proud, we are in the fight to fight religious intolerance. I think it’s always important to talk about this topic.
Regarding the opportunity to play in the World Cup, Paulinho explained that he dreams of being called up, but he knows that the group of players is on his way to the matches in Qatar.
revealed before VascoPaulinho was replaced with Bayer Leverkusen in 2018. In Germany, in addition to the adaptation period, he sustained a serious knee injury in 2020. After returning to the field the following year, he is still called up to the Olympic team that won the gold medal at the Olympics Tokyo.
Paulinho participated in 31 matches for Bayer Leverkusen this season with four goals and three assists. The team finished third in the German championship, ensuring a direct place in the next edition of the European Champions League. The 21-year-old Brazilian is under contract with the German national team until June 2023.
a GE Vasco podcast Available on the following platforms:
Watch all about him Vasco On ge, Globo and sportv:
“Internet Teacher. Certified TV Enthusiast. Beer Teacher. Unconditional Pop Culture Enthusiast. Web Scholarship Holder.”