It all became a fairy tale nightmare for a couple from the city of São Paulo. In 2016, the lovebirds were chosen to participate in the reality of “Fábrica de Weddings” SBT. However, days before the concert, the production called and canceled the event. Now, according to UOL, a Sao Paulo court has ordered the station to pay compensation of R$74,000 to Husband. Geez!
In the programme, a team of experts led by journalist Chris Flores and chef, Carlos Bertolzi, took on the task of preparing a wedding in seven days. The newlyweds will not have to worry about anything or incur any costs. Buffet, venue, clothing, trinkets, menus, musical performances, and all other expenses will be covered by production.
After accepting the request, the couple – whose names have not been revealed – invited about 100 people to the party, which was scheduled for December 14. Among family and friends, the father of the groom, who lives in Spain, bought airline tickets to come to Brazil with his wife just to honor the couple.
According to information from UOL, when there were only 24 days before the wedding, the producer of the show canceled everything, citing “schedule problems”. The couple tried to contact the station, but received no response. To try and resolve the situation, they searched for the buffet where the event would be to try to afford the costs and stick to plans, but they didn’t move forward after discovering the sky-high values.
The defense told the court that then “Golgotha and shame of having to remove everything beganIn addition to telling all the guests that there would be no more parties, the couple needed to return the gifts, which had already begun to arrive, and explain to their 8-year-old daughter why their parents’ wedding was not being held. “Because of all the humiliation and embarrassing situation, the bride started having anxiety attacks”said attorneys Lilian C. Agostino Leite and Alexandre Rossignoli.
Two years later, in 2018, the couple sealed the union civil, but did not celebrate the occasion due to lack of financial resources. Also, according to lawyers, not even friends were aware of the wedding, all because the feeling of humiliation remained with them.
Announcer Silvio Santos He offered a defense, justifying that the event was a “donation,” which should have been “aborted for many reasons,” and not a consumption relationship in which a spouse buys and pays for a service. “The retraction of a promise to donate cannot be considered an unlawful act, nor can it lead to compensation. The court may not compel the broadcaster to donate before the court”Channel claimed.
The SBT continued by saying that the couple had already lived a life together before participating in the programme, “Which, in effect, diminishes the significance of the ceremony”. As for the station’s defense, the operation is nothing more than a “whim” for the couple.
The judge in charge of the case, Rodrigo de Castro Carvalho, disagreed with the argument. According to him, the The bride and groom They were not warned in advance that the celebration might be cancelled. “From the moment they proposed to hold a wedding, a fact known to be a solemn rite of the presence of the guests and the fulfillment of the couple’s dream, he took over the obligation”The judge said.
The sum of R$74,000 is not just a debt on the SBT. Reality producer Formata Produções e Conteúdo was also convicted. Payment must be made “jointly” by the two companies; It amounts to R$49,000 as costs to a party in the same place where the program will be registered and R$25,000 as compensation for moral damages. This amount can also be increased by correcting interest and cash. Despite the court’s decision, the announcer and producer can still appeal.
Watch one of the episodes of “Fábrica de Weddings”:
“Social media pioneer. Pop culture expert. Very humble internet enthusiast. Author.”