Sony said Preparing to update PS5 Where the variable refresh rate will become part of the console system. But after all, like VR Does it work and why are next-gen console owners waiting for it?
a team MyPS Recreate this special to show how the feature will work to make gaming smoother on TVs and monitors with HDMI 2.1 inputs. In addition to more stable frame rates, the resolution will maintain high quality standards.
The expectation is high and the reasons are very clear:
First, HDMI 2.1
The PS5 comes with an HDMI 2.1 cable in its package, and it’s essential that the experience be more satisfying on devices that support the input. With it, you can enjoy the following advantages:
- 48Gbps Bandwidth – Feet PS4 18Gbps Cable
- Support 4K/120FPS and 8K/60FPS resolution, both with dynamic HDR;
- Low input lag due to ALLM (Automatic Low Latency Mode);
- Compatibility with VRR (Variable Refresh Rate);
In short, TVs and monitors with HDMI 2.1 can provide greater data transmission. In gameplay, this low latency combined with the high FPS rate of the next generation consoles makes the gameplay much smoother.
PS5 VRR will be available when the game is connected to devices with the above characteristics. Thus, the FPS and screen frequency will react faster in processing, avoiding screen tearing and other graphical problems that occur when the pair is not in resonance.
What is VRR?
VRR is a technology capable of synchronizing the frame rate provided by the console – in this case, the PS5 – with the refresh rate of the screens where the video game is being shown. This way, every pixel in the TV or monitor will be displayed in a coordinated manner, avoiding the presence of artifacts on the screen.
The most common case is screen tearing. Basic example: Your game runs at 120fps but your device only has 60Hz. Not all information will be processed as it should and may reach your TV sooner or faster.
When this happens, the images look like this:
This is very similar to the current VSync / FreeSync technologies for video cards. compare:
Just like the buffer mentioned in the video above, the PS5 and TV will start to “speak the same language”. The positive result of the performance of VRR will be observed in different ways:
- Commands take effect faster after being sent from DualSense;
- The images will have a higher and more stable frame rate, as well as dynamic resolution, which makes the game display more smooth and smooth;
- This affects online games with competitive modes because your response time will not suffer from input lag;
- Graphical issues such as screen tearing and artifacts appearing, mainly caused by the sudden drop in frame rate per second during gameplay, will be resolved;
- HDR mapping is improved, providing greater contrast in photos. Thus, dark or bright environments will be more balanced when viewed on a TV or monitor;
How did Sony describe the use of VRR on the PS5?
The PS5 was released in 2020 and many gamers believed that VRR would already be a part of the console in its infancy. This did not happen, but as mentioned above in the article, after the features arrived on Sony TVs, the video game got into the queue to receive the job.
The Japanese giant has offered some explanations on how to apply it to the console. paying off:
- On compatible TVs and monitors, VRR will dynamically synchronize the screen’s refresh rate with the PS5’s graphics output;
- VRR will provide improved visuals in PS5 games, eliminating issues with artifacts, frame rates, and screen tearing.
- Previously released PS5 games could be improved with a patch to take advantage of VRR, and future games will likely come with the technology at launch;
- The console’s VRR will also improve games that are not VRR compatible. If you have problems, just turn off the technology in the game menus.
According to Hideaki Nishino, Senior Vice President of the company, “Gameplay on many PS5 titles is smoother as scenes are rendered instantly, graphics appear clearer, and input lag is reduced.”. Now we just have to wait for the update to enjoy the benefits.
“Beer Geek. The Evil Ninja of Pop Culture. Life Coffee Scholar. Professional Internet Teacher. Meat Teacher.”
Screenshot: Meaning, How to Take a Screenshot & Uses
6 Great Secrets to Edit Sports Videos
WhatsApp: The function allows you to reply to messages in notifications