campaign Bahia No Brazilian Championship It was one of the frustrations of fighting relegation. Despite a good start to Goto Ferreira, the club’s third coach in the competition, Tricolor faltered in performance and did not win three matches. Therefore, the direct confrontation against Syndicate, scheduled for Friday, at Arena Fonte Nova, is crucial for the team.
Gilberto regrets Bahia’s position in the relegation zone – Photo: Felipe Oliveira/Disclosure/EC Bahia
Faced with another season of fighting relegation through Bahia, striker Gilberto, the team’s top scorer this season with 23 goals, does not hide his sadness.
– I’ll be honest: it’s a heavy burden. Something that hurts like hell, but you have to put up with it. Do the best for the club, always give the best, always try to score goals and stay with the necessary victories.
+ Without winning three matches, Bahia fought the penultimate campaign and the worst attack in the Serie A return
So we have to give in one way or another, whether in technical or racing, in any way, we have to give the best to our club and also to the fans, who come to support us. He will surely support us a lot in this game – complete.
To counter Grêmio, he must have Gilberto Rossi as his attacking partner. Buffalo should replace Juninho Capixaba, who is suspended, and have his first chance as a start after recovering from injury.
Rossi is a key player in our team. From the moment he arrived until today, he has always been a very important man and to bring him back… So, this is basically what we need. It would be great to have him, it would be great for everyone to give their best, because, like I said, it’s going to be a very tough match, and they’re just focused on giving their best. As much as the stands are full of support, forget everything and focus there on the 90 or 100 minutes of the game to do something good, delivering the victory to Bahia – says the central striker.
The match against Grêmio will take place at 19:00 (Brasilia time). Bahia occupies 17th place with 37 points. Rio Grande do Sul is right behind with 36 points and one game more.
– Photo: clone
Upgrade functional! The best of Brasileirão for R$19.90/month, for the first 3 months of subscription
Watch other excerpts from striker Gilberto’s interview:
Difficulty getting the ball to attack
Well, this is a very tactical question. It was supposed to be more designed for Guto than mine. Talking about tactical issues is talking directly to the coach, on an issue related to him. And that’s something I don’t like doing, I’ve never done. I always avoid that. But I think we have to do our best, we have to donate as much as possible and do what he asks for. If we can get the ball to hit correctly, the goals will come out.
Statement by the Grêmio leader on ‘Fear’ against Bahia
Becoming a professional soccer player in Brazil is very difficult. And when you get to a stage like that, you won’t be afraid of anything anymore, especially in the field. Off the field, they are afraid of some things, because we live in a country where security is completely unstable, but on the field we should not be afraid of anyone. We have to do our job, what the teacher asks, and in the best possible way. Find our result.
Goals scored in recent matches
– It’s a tactical question. I cannot evaluate many things. I think we had to improve, and our defense would be clear. This begins with the attack. We have to do more to score under pressure. The times when we have the ball, we have to sneak into defenses to score. So it generates more wear, but we have to support that and always look for the result. I don’t blame this on anyone else. We have a style, the group has a style of play. And the players who were, each had a different style. Now we have a coach who knows the group, Bahia, which is the most important. We got to know Bahia, how Bahia is, how fans love Bahia. And that’s the most important thing in football: you know both the club and the fans and what the fans want from your team.
– I don’t think there’s much to say to the audience. I think we should provide. I don’t think talking will solve the problem. What will solve the problem is to hand the result and donate in the field. Because from the moment you are at 100%, you are strong, you are energetic and well focused in the game, and fans will understand that we are looking for the score from beginning to end of the game. I think they will understand and support to the end.
– Do you want me to hand the tactic? (laughs) Unfortunately, you can’t answer your question definitively, say how we’re going to play, that we’re going to join. But I promise you that we will do everything the coach asks for, and we will strive for our victory from start to finish.
Decreased team performance
– I say that the arbitration made mistakes that greatly affected the results and therefore we are in this position. But we also have to absorb and improve on what we did wrong. I think if we can improve, we will work hard and get our victory.
– Bahia constant pressure. What I can say is that without suffering you would not be brilliant. When we won, it was because of suffering. So that’s normal in the life of this club. The suffering is part of Bahia, tough inside the shirt, and we have to absorb that and take out what we know, which is the delivery, the character we’re playing, the character when you score as well, because you’re going to have to score hard, because the competing players are good too. That’s it, there’s nothing I can say like this: Look, if you do that, we’ll leave victorious. We have to understand what Guto wants, do it in the best way, give the physical part, the technical part and, if possible, give more than 100%, because that will help a lot.
Bahia Partner Digital Banner – Photo: EC Bahia
“Internet Teacher. Certified TV Enthusiast. Beer Teacher. Unconditional Pop Culture Enthusiast. Web Scholarship Holder.”
Which channel will Athletico-PR x Inter broadcast live?
The VAR officials for Palmeiras x Sao Paulo have been removed from the Commons Border Force
Corinthians arrive in Fortaleza to play a match against Ciara; Find out who has traveled and likely assortment | Corinthians